Quick and easy-to-read fact sheets simplifying your post-secondary journey. Click below to download quick and easy information to help you through your journey! Use as fact sheets or combine to make your own post-secondary search workbook!
Next Steps Idaho was created to help you figure your next step no matter where you are starting. It provides clear, simple, and timely information for post-secondary planning, at any age.
The best fit options for your future are ones that fits you academically, economically, environmentally, and socially. If you are wanting to be a collegiate athlete, then it needs to meet your athletic needs also. Going off to college is hard no matter how prepared you are. It is a complete change on how you live, your relationships both at school and at home, and your world in general. Yet if you can meet YOUR NEEDS and YOUR WANTS to the best of your ability in college choices, then it will increase your chances dramatically for surviving successfully in school,graduating, and doing it all that in the shortest amount of time possible. Everyone has a best fit post-secondary school option. Probably more than one. You just have to know how to look for it and how to apply for the best results.
- Get to know yourself. How do you stand out?
- Determine your field of study interests
- Determine your school criteria
- Determine your school search
- Learn all you can about your target schools
- Set application goals
- Narrow your list
- Visit campuses
- Compare offers
- Apply to schools where you are in the top 20% of the students to get the maximum amount of aid.
- If you aren’t going for the most popular major at a school, it may be easer to get admitted.
- Become friends with Admissions!
- Have a professional sounding email address.
- It is not okay for your parents to contact admissions. Your recommendation writers or a counselor CAN contact admissions.
- Copy and pasting can be dangerous! Make sure all references to the appropriate college are correct.
- Proofread everything!
- Allow enough time to put your best forward AND DON'T MISS ANY DEADLINES!